Limited Stock. Express Shipping is available for this Shimano Aerlex 10000 XSB
The new Aerlex series is a tough reel fitted with Instant Drag designed for heavy duty work, whether it is carp- or surf fishing. The new cosmetic design and the superb Aero Wrap II line lay with 2 speed Oscillation, combined with the AR-C spool produces the excellent casting performance required by both carp and surf anglers. A high torque 4,6:1 retrieve ratio gives the Aerlex the power to deal with heavy leads over rough ground. The SPOD version is equipped with a higher gear ratio of 5,3:1, which equals a retrieve of 115 cm, to make sure that the spod can be retrieved fast so more time can be spend fishing.
– Shimano ARC Spool is a patented spool design with an angled spool lip. This design enables the line to leave the spool with less friction and in smaller coils resulting in longer more accurate casts. ARC spools are proven to reduce backlash and wind knots when using braid.
2 Speed Oscilation:
– 2 Speed Oscillation is an advanced way of laying the line onto the spool during the retrieve. As the rotor turns the spool moves forward quickly and then returns slowly. This prevents the coils of line on the spool from interacting with each other and improves casting performance.
– Superb line lay is a Shimano reels hallmark. Fed by Power Roller, the Aero system lays close, parallel coils (Aero Wrap) so line builds evenly on the spool and exits cleanly with minimum friction for longer, more accurate casts.
– DynaBalance reduces wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing Shimano are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create eliminate vibrations.
– Instant Drag allows the drag setting to be switched from free spool to a fight setting by tightening the Instant Drag lever on the front of the spool in only a few turns.
– The special grooved design of the Shimano Power Roller significantly reduces line twist and is a big advantage when using thin mono and braid.
Super Stopper II:
– Super Stopper II eliminates backward movement and free play in the handle when the reel is set in antireverse.
– XT7 is the original Shimano composite reel material. Used on midpriced and budget reels and spools XT7 is reliable, robust and lightweight.